In which two intrepid travelors leave the comforts of their Indiana homes, in order to teach Bible classes to the good people of Tyumen, Russia. If you are new to the blog you may want to start with the first post, which is the bottom one on the archive at the right (under April).







Saturday, May 1, 2010

How to dress like a Russian


If you are a woman:

If you are a Russian woman, the first rule is quite simple: You must always be made up. I have yet to see a Russian woman without make-up, very nice hair, and pretty clothing. I get the impression that a Russian woman would probably get dressed up to take the trash out.

If you are a Russian woman under 40, two additional things will be true of you. You will be very thin, and everyone will know this since your clothes are skin-tight. I have seen women who looked like they were poured into their jeans (and forgot to say, “when”). Actually I take that back. I have not noticed this at all, since I do not look at other women like that. Ever. The Calvinist told me about it.

Also, you will probably wear 15 inch high heels, even though you must walk to work, with the point of the stiletto coming to a point about the size of, say, a needle.

All this to say that most Russian women are head-turners. Again, this is second hand knowledge from the Calvinist.

If you are a man:
Wear whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment